.ae Domain Name Registry
In 2006 ARI Registry Services (ARI) was engaged by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) of the United Arab Emirates to provide consultancy services to assist in the review of the framework, governance and administration of the .ae Domain Name. In 2007 ARI became the official vendor of Registry Software for the .ae domain.
On the 3rd of August 2008, ARI went live, providing the Registry Software Services for the .ae Domain Name. ARI has provided a complete Registry solution to assist the TRA develop a new administrative, policy and technical framework in order to place the .ae ccTLD (Country Code Top Level Domain) in line with international best practice. ARI has also provided customisation of the Registry software to meet the TRA requirements and training for TRA staff in order to manage the Registry Systems. With the assistance of ARI, the TRA have also formed the .ae Domain Administration (.aeDA) to manage and administer all policies in relation to the .ae domain name.
ARI is responsible for the following development, services and deliverables for the TRA:
- Recommendations on the redelegation of the .ae Domain Name from the incumbent operator
- Administrative framework to establish the .ae Domain Administration
- Policy framework for the .ae ccTLD
- Customised Domain Name Registry solution
- Advise and assist in the procurement, installation and configuration of hardware and software
- Migration of data
- Staff training to staff, including manuals and documentation
- Helpdesk services
- Ongoing system support
For more information please visit www.aeda.ae